TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Samsung Curved TV (Model un49k6205afxza) won’t respond to…

Hi, my Samsung Curved TV...
Hi, my Samsung Curved TV (Model un49k6205afxza) won’t respond to the remote. None of the buttons work. All it can do is turn on after pressing the power button a dozen times, and that’s it. The light on the tv and remote both light up, but that’s all. I’ve tried unplugging it for a minute, changing the batteries, and bought a universal remote, but none worked and the universal acts the same as the other remote. Does anyone know a solution to this?
11/22/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately these symptoms point to a failure with the Mainboard in the TV (and generally requires replacement of this part to fix the issue).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

If the issue is still there- please double check the model number off the back of the TV and reply back with it (the one you posted shows as invalid- even in a Google search).

Those steps did not work. The back of the TV says :
Model code: UN49K6250AFXZA
Version number: FA01

That one's correct. That's bad news, give me a minute to type this up.

Unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $50 if you're looking to repair the TV yourself:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-UN49K6250AFXZA-Main-Board-BN94-10995P-/282440562807?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $250-$300 parts and labor, which may or may not be cost effective as a brand new 46" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician