TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung UN55C6500 is power cycling, relay is making a

Customer Question
Samsung UN55C6500 is power...

Samsung UN55C6500 is power cycling, relay is making a clicking sound. I have replaced all the capacitors in the power supply and still have the problem.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your UN55C6500?

7 or 8 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works fine, but the unit does not stay on. it keeps power cycling.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN55C6500? What happened right before this?

6-8 months. The tv has already been replaced but I'd like to fix this one and use it in another room of the house.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/22/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The capacitors, and the power supply don't cause this problem. The clicking is completely different and is caused by the Mainboard. The mainboard sends the turn on command to the power supply, and the clicking is a faulty mainboard processor (this was also noted in the Samsung tech notes on these sets back in 2009 when they had their capacitor lawsuit). So to fix the TV you need to replace the Mainboard (or simply the EEPROM if you're so inclined).

That's what I thought. They relay is not bad?

No, the relay is a SYMPTOM of the Mainboard EEPROM being faulty (the EEPROM is TELLING it to click).

Since Samsung used more than one version of the Mainboard on this set, you would want to use the number stamped on the board itself to search for a replacement.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

which component is the EEPROM?

It's the processor chip.

You can Google it, or see an example of one at the link:

https://www.ebay.com/i/152780175887?chn=ps&dispctrl=1

I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.