TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

ONE OF THE TV SET TOP BOXS IN MY NEW INSTALLS DOES NOT WORK,

Customer Question
ONE OF THE TV...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

VISIO. I have two tv sets and two boxes. One works on either TV set. The other does not work on either

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu does not work. ecDoes some kind of boot sequence and says it can detect a signal. The meu on the other box works and it connects fine when connected to the same TV, The box that will not work also does not work on the other TV,

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

This is a new install. It never did work when I turned it on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. I think it is a faulty box

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/22/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Who is your cable provider?

Xfinity. I assumed I was talking to a infinity support service. This appears to be a problem with a box that was a part of a new install and is a Xfinity and is a Xfinity problem. I do not want to incur additional charges from a third party to fix the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience and discontinue the support.

Hey, no problem. I was going to end up referring you to Xfinity because as a previous cable tech employee, I have a feeling it just needs to be replaced. I'm going to get this question over to customer service so you won't be billed for anything.

No need to respond. If you do, it prompts me to respond to you. Someone should email you about refunding your money soon.