TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an lg 50” smart tv about 5 years old. Every now and…

Customer Question
I have an lg...

I have an lg 50” smart tv about 5 years old. Every now and then the screen goes black but I still have sound

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

I would cut it off not unplug and it would come back. The last time it did not. It’s been unplugged now for 5 days

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Not sure I can’t see it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It’s happened 4or 5 times in the last month but not before that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Sometimes I could just turn the tv off and then turn back on and the screen would come back on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/22/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV?

Also, when the screen goes black- if you use the ORIGINAL LG REMOTE and press MENU- will the MENU display or does the screen remain black?

Model number is *****Menu doesn’t appear

Thanks for the reply. This does indicate a hardware failure in the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and operates normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Ok
still nothing on the screen
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Sorry for delay previous expert has opted out, my name is ***** ***** you see any visible light at all on the display please?even in a darkened room?

Anthony