TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The TV was on and went dark. I went to shut it off and there…

Customer Question
The TV was on...

The TV was on and went dark. I went to shut it off and there was no image on the screen, it lit up white then blue then purple then back to black then lit up again back to white then a bluish color. there is a buzzing sound near the power source behind the tv. I have a Samsung LED smart tv UN50ES6900F

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

I have a Samsung LED smart tv UN50ES6900F

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu doesn't work and I cannot change the input

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just this morning. I was watching the news and all of sudden the tv went dark.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the tv connect to a surge protector that also has my router and cable box to it and they are both functioning

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/22/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I have tried disconnecting the power cords from the outlet and have plugged them back in. Same issue

Thanks for the info.

Does TV respond on remote commands?

I mean if push power button to switch On or Off TV power?

it responds to remote commands and can turn on and off. Anything I command though that would be reflected on the tv I cannot see such as the tools or menu button

OK, please turn On TV power and perform following test that will help to diagnose the issue..

- Do you see a dim picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

There is no dim picture as the screen is now a bluish purple with vertical lines throughout. No image on the screen

Sorry to hear that, it is either t-con board or display panel/ screen internal failure and swapping the t-con board is only option here that will either fix it or confirm it is screen failure.

Please click following link to view t-con board image and part number to search/ google it to get price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un50es6900fxza/

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Thank you very much for the information

Much welcome, wish you the best~