TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My query is about Vizio Smartcast .. Vizio 32" HDTV w/tuner.

Customer Question
Hi my query...

Hi my query is about Vizio Smartcast ..

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Vizio 32" HDTV w/tuner

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yje screen shows that I need to download Google Cast

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Di i VNEED TO DOWNLOAD AN APP?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
11/22/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 9 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

You have one of the vizo smart cast tvs, which isn't really a smart tv, it is just a tv with a built in chromecast feature. What that means is that any internet content you want (netflix, youtube, etc) has to actually be initiated on a phone/tablet, the tv itself can't do those things on its own.

So on a smart phone or tablet you will need to go to the app store and download the google chromecast app. Once that is installed, you can then go to individual apps on the same device, such as netflix, and you'll now see a "cast" icon at the top of that screen. When you start the show playing that you want, you can then choose to "cast" it to the vizio tv screen, provided the tv and phone/tablet are linked to the same wifi network.

Best regards,