TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I remove or deactivate Bixby from my S8 phone? The…

Customer Question
How do I remove...

How do I remove or deactivate Bixby from my S8 phone? The only solution I have been given is to remove my Samsung account which will not allow my to use Samsung pay. Bixby keeps flashing up at me at unexpected time and sometimes talks to me when I turn my phone on to put it on to flight mode when I am ion a theatre or a meditation class - Most embarrassing.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Several months. Not sure when I bought it. It is an S8.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

What is the TV menu? I do not use my phone to watch TV. I use my big screen Samsung TV at home. I just want Bixby gone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Ever since I have had my phone. Now worse since there was a Bixby update. It seems as though it wants to take control of everything. I do not need this at all.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just want to delete or deactivate Bixby without deleting my Samsung account.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/22/2017
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

• From the main Bixby screen, tap the gear icon on the upper right corner of your screen.
  • You’ll now see a toggle called Bixby key, with the slider set to the on position.
  • Tap on the slider to turn it to the off position.
Wow - It just cost me $39.00 aud to find that out. I really do not have a use for Bixby as I can do everything I want to with other aps. It would be even better if I could delete Bixby altogether and free up the memory space.

I apologize -- I do not handle any type of payment information. I can only provide an answer to your question which was regarding the Bixby setting.

Thank you for your assistance. The cost though has significantly diminished my opinion of Samsung. I had already spent several hours on help searches and did not find this answer anywhere. Very disappointed that the solution was as simple as a switch and $32 aud is a lot for a self-funded retiree with only savings to live off. I know that is not your problem but it does not make Samsung look very good.

Yes, I understand where you are coming from and unfortunately, it makes it difficult for the techs because when the customer is not happy, they take out their frustration on our rating system which only affects us and not the system.