TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Can't hook into wireless connection, Samsung UN48J5500AF, No…

Can't hook into wireless...

Can't hook into wireless connection

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung UN48J5500AF

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No justvtv menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Worked but then updated my internet service

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No just help me get the connection

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thanks

It sounds like you are trying to connect the Samsung Smart TV to the wifi network, You can connect your Smart TV to a Wi-Fi network. Make sure that you have the wireless router's SSID (name) and password ***** before you attempt to connect your TV.

1. Press the Home button on your Smart Remote Control, to access the Home Screen.
  2. Using the directional pad on your remote, navigate to and select Settings.
  3. Select Network.
  4. Select Open Network Settings.
  5. Select Wireless.
  6. Select your preferred wireless network.
  7. If prompted, enter the network password ***** select Done.
  8. Your TV is now connected to the internet. Select OK to finish.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Okay says connected but try it go to YouTube and has issues says no connection
Keeps dropping connection do I need a Samsung software update?

Okay, Could you please tell me whether do you have a another device (Like computer or smartphones) which is currently connected to the wifi network? The reason why I am asking is we can try to check if you face the same problem in those devices.

I'm on my iPad now talking to you and my iPhone is fine as well

Could you please tell me what is the distance between the TV and wifi modem/router?

2 floors
Tv main level router upstairs

It may be problem with the signal issue. In this case can you please move your iPad near to the TV and connect the iPad to the wifi network. Try to check whether you can browse or surf internet with a good speed.

Okay I'll give it a go
No I an still get on with my iPad

Which mean you are able to access internet in your iPad is it right?

My signal on my iPad is at 1/2
Should I try through my cable box instead?

If you can connect the TV and router using cable, you can connect but the distance is long and you might be running long cable for connect the TV and router. In this case we can try alternate troubleshooting

1. Please disconnect power cable from the TV
  2. Disconnect the power cable from the router
  3. Once the TV and router is completely powered OFF
  4. Turn ON the router
  5. Wait for 1-2 min
  6. Turn on the TV
  7. Check the internet status on the TV.
not connecting
Trying again stay tuned

Once after trying that I would like to check the IP address on the TV, can you try this following steps to check the IP address

• Now press the Menu button on your remote device
  • select the Network option.
  • Select the Network Settings and then,
  • select IP settings option.

The existing IP address of your TV appears. It will be a private IP address(10.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x) if you are using router to connect to your ISP.

Now connected try and get on YouTube now

Okay. Check you can access internet on the TV or not.

At ip settings now
At enter manually?

Do you she any DNS address?

No
Back connected again but no YouTube

Okay, Can you try this following steps on the TV now.

1. Press “Menu” button on your remote.
  2. Under “Settings menu” select “Network” then choose “Network Status”
  3. After several seconds you will see 3 buttons. Choose the “IP Settings” button.
  4. Choose “DNS setting”
  5. Select “Enter manually”
  6. Enter the 8.8.8.8 DNS addresses. then press “OK” and you are done!

Note: If it is asking for alternate DNS please using the DNS number as (8.8.4.4).

Nope well I appreciate your time no luck. My husband will have to call in a service dude. The problem like u first said is probably distance. Thanks for your time anyway.
Between on the phone with Rogers getting new router, re hooking computers and phones after 5 hours I think I'm toast ��

I understand your concern and I am really sorry for that, if you can try to connect the router and TV using cable it might fix the signal program. You can try to check with them and you can reach us later. If you have any other concern or else if you face any technical issue, I will be available to help you. Thank you for your patience.

Karthik Nagarajan
No no thank you for your patience have a good night
Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan