TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV will not stay on HDMI 1. It will go to HDMI 2 or I can…

My TV will not...

My TV will not stay on HDMI 1. It will go to HDMI 2 or I can move it to HDMI 3. But I can’t get a picture on HDMI 1.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?

Samsung model is a number UN40KU6300F

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No. I just can’t watch my cable channel which is HDMI 1. I. Can watch Netflix on HDMI 22 and Roku which is HDMI 3.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Last Friday evenning.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know o&. Of

11/21/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off.

Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure.

Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input.

Let me know if you can then select HDMI 1.

I have done that before, it still does not turn my cable or HDMI 1 on.
Thanks.
Nathan, Installer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Can you tell me what device you have connected to hdmi2?

No device, just a menu that includes Netflix. It is the only thing Thai I use there on HDMI 2.

That is not hdmi2 then, that is not actually an input at all, it is just the samsung smart tv functions.

Can you please move the cable box over to the hdmi2 connection and let me know if it works there?

Nope, doesn’t work
Forget it. I have no idea about this TV. Thanks for your time. Please cancel my membership to just answer.

You have paid the agreed upon fees to the site already. I have no ability to cancel or refund anything.

Can you please test the box on hdmi3 and tell me if it works there?

Nathan, Installer
Nathan did very good, I am sure. Not knowing anything about TV’s, I didn’t understand where to look for the things that he was trying to tell me about. My daughter took the TV and had it repaired.
Thank you!