TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have samsung series v6 6300 TV. The closed caption only…

Customer Question
I have samsung series...

I have samsung series v6 6300 TV. The closed caption only works sometimes. It will come and go during a program. How can I get it to work all the time

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Series 6 , 6300 a little less than a year old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works. same on all sources. Sometimes if you go to the menu and turn it off and back on again, it might work for awhile

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been several months. I'm not aware of any event when it all started

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you please give me the complete model number of the tv?
What specific content are you watching?

this is over the air by antenna no cable or sattelite. UN40Ku6300. Could happen on any channel or program

Do you find it happens on the same programs consistently?
or that it works on a program once but then the same program later it does not?

stay online not by phone
it follows no rhyme or reason. It's just comes and goes

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

This is typically indicative of an internal hardware problem in the tv tuner,

please go into the samsung menu, under diagnostics or support, and choose the factory reset (restore factory defaults) option,

when it comes back on following the reset, run through the channel scan again, then observe how the captions work at that point and let me know the results at your convenience.

I just removed the batteries from the remote and held down a button for about 30 seconds to reset the remote. Right now it seems better, could that be the problem

Thanks for the update, please let me know if the problem comes back.