TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Do I need an Rf digital converter for the new polaroid TV I…

Customer Question
Do I need an...

Do I need an Rf digital converter for the new polaroid TV I bought. I bought an antenae at the same time and the Tv just keeps sying run channel search. The search shows 70 channels but 0 "found". I am plugged into the Rf input.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

Oh gee, i'm not near the TV now, I am at work. It is a 24" Polaroid Digital TV.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works just fine. We go to channel and run the check and it works. All other choices work. We've chosen "Air" and Antenae where all choices are requested

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Everything is brand new. Just purchased this weekend.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It appears the Tv recognizes the antennae but will not connect???

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you are in a good strong digital signal area then you should not need a converter.
What zip code area are you in?
Are you using an indoor or outdoor antenna?
What is the full model number on the rear of the TV?