TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just got a new vizio, model # E60-E3. can't find any way to…

Customer Question
Just got a new...

Just got a new vizio, model # E60-E3. can't find any way to connect the old [at least 10 years] cable box to the new tv. I think my next step is to call direct tv. any suggestions? I do not like dealing with them.all they ever want is more money.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just purchased the vizio yesterday at sams . model #E60-E3

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes tv menu works. after going threw the set up the tv says no signel.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Since it came out of the box. same answer on hdmi one through four , no signel

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I thought you were the expert. I hooked up the one cable I could find that fit the box and tv and no signel was the result.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Please get me the brand and model of the Cable Box so I can tell you what needs to be done (they are not all the same).

direct tv model #D12-100

Do you see an HDMI port on the back of that box please?

Let me know when you're available and at the equipment and we can proceed.