TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our 72" mistunbisti tv went out after a storm it has no

Customer Question
Our 72" mistunbisti tv...

Our 72" mistunbisti tv went out after a storm it has no picture or sound. We had a repair man out here last night and he stated that, "we need a projection lamp." That some how does not seem right to me

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is model number is ***** maybe about five years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yes we have a 42in panosonic

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

We disconnected both tv's but they will not work they both went out the same night we had the storm out other small tv's work and we have direct

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the MODEL NUMBER off of the back of the Mitsubishi you're having problems with?

Also, on the front of the set- are there any lit or blinking LED's? If so, please elaborate what color the lights are and what they are doing.

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

Model number is ***** Was purchased April2011

Those LEDs are diagnostics. I need to know what they're doing to help you (since I cannot see the TV from here).

Nothing is working no lights nothing plus there are so many wires I don't know what goes to what

Nevermind the wires. We're only concerned about the power, and lamp lights on the TV. If there are NO signs of life on the TV then the power supply board has failed- this is not a lamp issue. Are you sure your surge protector is functioning, and that the TV is plugged in? Can you try plugging the TV power cord into another outlet? Did you check your breakers?

Also model number is ***** everything is plugged up but I will go outside and check the breaker will text you when I get back in the house

Okay, or try plugging the TV into a known working outlet (an outlet that already has a lamp or something plugged in that you know is working). Let me know what you find.

Are you still there please

I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond later when available.

I am here have just checked all plugs everything is ok but tv still will not work. How much is a mother board

The motherboard is not the problem. The Power Supply Board in the TV is what's at fault where there are NO SIGNS OF LIFE at all on the TV (no fans. no lights- essentially the TV appears "dead"). Are you asking the cost of the part itself? If so it's around $150 and then the labor of a shop to replace it which is typically another $200. If you'd like you can locate a NESDA certified repair shop using the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Ok I just got a green blinking light does that help

How did you get that- did it start by itself? Or did you press the power button? Please provide as much detail as possible to help me help you.

I found a plug that was not plugged in and plugged it in and the green light came on and it is blinking at that is all I am getting
Are you still there
Hello are you still with me
Hi I want my money back if you are not going to answer me
TV Technician: Sam Dennis Bradley, owner replied 8 months ago
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started