TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sony tv is trying to turn on and is not. it showing a red…

Customer Question
Good morning. my sony...

Good morning. my sony tv is trying to turn on and is not. it showing a red blinking light in front of tv. what does that mean

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

No its the first time its a sony bravia led/lcd.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started last night for the 1st time. all I did disconnect the tv plug from the cable box and used the outlet from the wall to plug it back in.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No. thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please