TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Lg plasma won't turn on. No it hasn't happened before.

Customer Question
My Lg plasma won't...

My Lg plasma won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

No it hasn't happened before

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu doesn't work and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just tonight

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It makes a clicking noise

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you get the model number off of the back of the LG set please?

Also, how OLD is it?

Are there currently ANY signs of life on the TV at all (power light, etc.)?

5 years old don't have access to the model number right now and there is a light

It's hard to trouble shoot an unknown set, but I can try. What color is the light?

Red and green

Okay green usually means on and red means off, so please elaborate.

Blinking in the back green

That means the Mainboard has failed in most cases, and requires replacement. How big is this TV (roughly)??

60 inches and how much would that cost

Let's try a hard reset first, and then we can go from there. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Are you able to perform those steps, or are you not with the TV right now?

Doing it now

Okay.

Nothing happens

Okay, this indicates a hardware failure. The clicking, green blinking light in the back, and red light on the front all point directly to a mainboard failure, and requires this board be replaced. The average cost on a 60" LG set (actual price varies based on model number) is in the $300-$350 range total. If you'd like, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?