TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Th-65-600u blinks 20 then start over for 20 again. 2006.

Customer Question
Th-65-600u blinks 20 then...

Th-65-600u blinks 20 then start over for 20 again

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

2006

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

When powered up get snow on menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A slight speaker pop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Panasonic th-65-600u

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Power cord fell out when cleaning model is th-65px600u
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 8 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Was the TV powered on when the power cord fell out?

If so, try a reset first:

Leave the power cord disconnected for around 1 hour. Then connect it and try turning the TV on again.

Let me know if that works?

Still same result after leaving in plugged over night

No

Ok, then the cord falling out is a red herring and has not resulted in the 20 blink error.

It is merely coincidence that the cord fell out at the same time as the TV failed.

The 20 blinks indicate an internal fault, and the TV will require a repair.

These repairs typically cost around $250+, so you will need to consider whether is is worth spending this much money on a TV that is over 10 years old, or if you would rather invest in a new TV in the Black Friday sales this week.

-------------------

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Please ensure you are logged in to submit the rating on your question page.
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------