TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I tried to clean a spill off the screen last night and today…

Customer Question
I tried to clean...

I tried to clean a spill off the screen last night and today there is blue green shadowing on a lot of the faces, skin areas and other things

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a Samsung UN32J5205AF about 2-3 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works, but I don't have any other inputs right now.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

As I said, I tried to clean a spill off the screen last night and the issue started today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do the menu screens have this same shadow/tint?

Does it happen across the entire screen?

No, menu screens look okay. It's not on everything but mostly on faces and skin but sometimes worse than other times. On some screens it's barely noticeable.
If you could just suggest something I could try
Thank you for confirming. That would indicate that there is some actual damage to the screen either internal or external. What was spilled and how was it cleaned?