TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

NEC tv model#e424 has a thin black line in the middle of…

NEC tv model#e424 has...

NEC tv model#e424 has a thin black line in the middle of then screen, it appears and goes away but he pictures below is foggy when this happens

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 months

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe if not too complicate

11/21/2017
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The TV display gets its signal in two halves.

The board for one half is starting to fail and will need to be replaced.

Is this something you are planning to do yourself, or are you looking for a repair estimate?

Which board needs to be replaced? And how much should it cost?

The inverter board connected to the lower LED strips is suspect, you will need to check for the exact model number and version on the board inside your TV.

Pete, Electronic Engineer