TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My RCA L40FHD41YX( won't fire up. When first plugged in the…

Customer Question
Hi, my RCA L40FHD41YX(...

Hi, my RCA L40FHD41YX( won't fire up. When first plugged in the blue light will come on and stay on for about 7 seconds and then turn off. And then, nothing. Thanks, Paul

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model number is ***** Not sure of age.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Nothing works before or after the blue light appears.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nor sure, got this as a project.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, That's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/21/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Dis this issue occur gradually (with the TV not powering once in a while), or was it sudden? Also were there any storms, power outages, etc. just prior?

Not sure if it was gradual or sudden. The TV was given to me as a project. Is it possible that the buttons (on/off, menu vol, etc) are the problem as they appear worn?.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.