TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Louie, We have a Vizio smart TV and enjoy netflix, but yhey…

Customer Question
Hi Louie, We have...

Hi Louie, We have a Vizio smart TV and enjoy netflix, but yhey want an extra $10 per month and franckly most of their movies are "Netflix originals" intead of box office hits. I'm looking for info on an alternative to netflix that we can run through the wifi. Not using roku or amazon fire or whatever, but just like we run netflix.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

E55-C1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, the problem is that netflix suddenly wants more $

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Whenever Netflix decide to push the monthly fees up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Just what's available using wifi like netflix, but NOT netflix

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/21/2017
TV Technician: ISP Cable Support, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
ISP Cable Support
ISP Cable Support, Customer Service

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to answer your question today.

I'm sorry someone hasn't responded already. I am trying to help clean up the overnight messages so I wanted to respond to yours with some information to answer your question. I do want to let you know that if you don't mind to help me keep this question locked to me if you could rate me in the top right corner (hopefully 5 stars!) so I'll receive credit for helping you as well as keeping me assigned to this question.

I have Netflix as well and unless you were on a trial, they are only going up $2 a month. They were 8.99 and now are 10.99. I also have Hulu which has different promotions and you can try them free. They do mostly have series on there but it is a great way to get caught up to some series you may not have known about. Hulu also pairs up with HBO so you can get some great shows that way. Or you can subscribe to HBO separately. If you currently pay for HBO through you cable company, contact them for your login information and you will get HBO GO free. The other pay movie channels have similar apps as well like Starz, Showtime and Cinemax. Let me know if you have any other questions. Those are what I would suggest you look at getting. I have them all actually because I am always on the go and have series that I watch.

Have a great day!