TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a panasonic smart tv it goes to netflix, but, then…

I have a panasonic...

I have a panasonic smart tv it goes to netflix, but, then after 5-8 minutes of watching a show, it takes me back to regular tv. didn't used to do this, but, now, i can't watch a netflix show without interruptions. this doesn't happen with my iphone or pc

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?

Panasonic viera tc-55as530U tc 60as530U

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Class 1080p led lcd tv

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Can't remember whaqt happened before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess this is a smart tv, it has lots of apps that i can use along with youtube. i basically use non-cable tv antenna, netflix, and utube

11/20/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and plays a Netflix program normally (the whole way through). Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

trying now. will get back to you asap.thanks

Okay sounds good! Let me know.

tried your suggestion twice. no good, i started to watch a movie, it ran for about 3-5 minutes and then took me back to regular tv programming. I don't have cable. just a antenna plugged into the tv and electric outlet for better reception to free tv programming. what do you suggest now?

That's bad news and points to a failure of the set's Mainboard. Please give me a few minutes to see if there's a factory reset option.

Using the original Panasonic remote go to MENU, Setup, System, Highlight "Factory Defaults" and press OK. This returns the TV to shipping conditions. Let me know what happens once you try those steps (if Netflix operates normally).

will GO AND TRY IT out now.thanks for your help

Okay, sounds good- and you're welcome!

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Perfect. It worked. Thanks so muchBlessings

You're welcome. Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician