TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Purple/blue area on left side and center of display on

Customer Question
Purple/blue area on left...

Purple/blue area on left side and center of display on un60h6350 tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Un60h6350 2014 model purchased in 2015

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works.sameproblem when i run picture test in menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Three days and just happened,no other problems

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this a display or circuit board issue?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Does this change and move elsewhere on the screen?or is it in this position permenant?

seems to be permanant,about 8inch diameter on left side half way up screen,smaller and less pronounced in center of display.

Its likely to be the LCD panel itself (screen) however it could also be bad capacitors on the power-board OR a bad t-con board (this drives the LCD DISPLAY) what we do is a visual inspection of the capacitors looking for visual signs of leaking\ballooning up\raised domed tops ,if that check works out OK we replace the t-con board if problem still present we condemn the panel (panel cant be replaced due to costs)

Let me know if you want to do those first two jobs yourself I will provide all info

Anthony

i would like to do the first two jobs myself.

OK cost of t-con board is around $80 (if it needs to be replaced)so you need to get the back OFF the set trace the power-cord to the power-board and look carefully at the capacitors on this board look for leaking\ballooning\raised domed tops let me know if you see any signs like that ,capacitors look like this>>>

http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/What-does-the-voltage-rating-on-a-capacitor-mean

Let me know about that first before we move on

ok.thank you.can i get back to you tomorrow?

Yes no problem