TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

New tv can.t get cable. Ns-55dr620na18. Just got the tv

Customer Question
New tv can.t get...

New tv can.t get cable

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Ns-55dr620na18

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just got the tv today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Just hot to get cable

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Who is your cable provider and what is the Brand and Model Number of your cable box please?

optimum

Cable "BOX"? Yes or no please.

Do you have a BOX provided by Optimum for this TV, and if so- what is the BRAND AND MODEL?

optimum ece09b2a292a
optimum smtc5320 modle number

Okay, you need to run an HDMI cable from that Cable Box to your TV. Have you done that yet?

After the HDMI cable is connected, you need to use the Insignia remote's Input/Source button and select HDMI 1 (or HDMI 2- depending on which port you plugged into on the TV). You then should have the cable box info on the screen and would use the cable box remote to change channels.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

where is the modle # on the tv

Where are you stuck? You already posted the model, I don't need that.

how do you set up the tv

I just told you how to do it. Let me post it again:

Okay, you need to run an HDMI cable from that Cable Box to your TV.

Do you need further help?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

thry want us to activat roku
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Customer Service