TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have Panasonic VIERA, picture is great but sound goes out…

Customer Question
I have Panasonic VIERA...

I have Panasonic VIERA , picture is great but sound goes out if you turn off/on several time it comes back on

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is 6-7 year old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Model TH50PX600U

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

May be a week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

TV volume and HDMI both go off at the same time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Please re-boot any satellite or cable box by un-plugging from wall-powe wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again do the same with the TV at the same time ,let me know if there is any change frequently we find issues like this is not the TV but the box you are using with software going corrupt,let me know if you have any issues

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Let me try

OK take your time with this there is no rush here,question is open for 30 days

Did not help

Do you have another INPUT to try like a DVD player?is it the same using that?

It had volume when started but when turned off and on no volume

Yes I totally understand what you mean however I do need to troubleshoot to close down the issue, so do you have another input to try like a DVD player or similar?is it the same using that

I have direct TV, there is HDMI cable connected to TV. Emery thing is connects via music system ONKYO/BOSS speakers
Even ROkU does not have soun

OK the roku proves the problem is with the TV ,have you tried a reset back to factory default with the TV?

I will try dvd

No you dont have to do that now the roku is good enough

But ROKU is connected via ONKYO System not directly to TV does that make any difference

OK it should not make any difference however to bypass the audio system too connect up a DVD player DIRECTLY to the TV let me know if its the same or not

Let me try factory setting of tv first
How do you do that

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/television/howto/How_To_Reset_Your_TV/frame1.html

Click the above link if it does not work let me know

http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/TH-50PX600U.html

If not click the above link and scroll down to how to reset my tv

I don’t see that option, let me check manual

Sorry you have to go to the support tab on the right scroll down the page a bit

I am pressing menu and vol - button but it just goes to menu
I got it in menu options

Sorry have you found the tab how to reset the TV?

I reset the settings but still the same

Then in that case the main-board will need to be replaced is this something you would consider?the mainboard houses the sound amplifier and processing so replacing the board will solve the issue cost of board off hand is around $100,let me know if you want to do this yourself I will provide all relevant info

Ok let me think about that

OK there is no other way round this set has a hardware issue

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

My SD channels have sound but not HD channels
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago

If you are using a satellite or cable box pick up the remote to the box and look for the SAP or MTS button, if you do not see it go into the settings menu of the box and look for it there SWITCH IT OFF it would appear this is enabled

Let me know

Anthony

There is no setting button on the box, it is a dish box
It has System info button
Remote has option botton

Let me know the model number of the box please so I can check it almost certainly will have a sap setting

Box WILL have a SETTINGS menu .....every box has one

Its the ONLY thing that can stop you having sound on some channels and not on others

I am on settings, if I turn Dolby digital off TV vol works fine but the voice come from TV, if I turn it on volume goes off. I have two HDMI cable cables from back of TV, I tried both and both are not working.
We have not heard anything from any technician
Dish, ROkU and blu Ray are all connected via amplifier to the TV. No volume is coming from Bose speakers connected to amplifier. Does this mean amplifier is going bad?