TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

New TV and I can't get it programed into HDMI1. It tells me…

Customer Question
New TV and I...

New TV and I can't get it programed into HDMI1. It tells me there are no channels. I have the white wire in cable box then into the TV Ant/Cable. I had at one time a picture and the cable channels but the screen was half full.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

The TV is an Insignia from Best Buy. I just got it last week. I have had a hard time with the Menu. At first I got analog one channel. A 19" 720p 60Hz LED TV.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

THe menu works I get no channels from any source. I did have at one time but now nothing.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Always. I have not gotten the HDMI1 ever.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I am 76 years old. Trying to get this going on my own. I did get help from Xfinity to program the remote and it did work. I also get TV channels while doing the remote, but they were never in HDMI1. They did not fill the screen.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The connection you are using here is part of the problem. Disconnect the ant/cable wire, that should not be used at all.

Instead you need to connect a hdmi cable from the back of the xfinity box to the hdmi1 or hdmi2 port on the back of the tv.
Then take the insignia remote, press the Input button, and choose hdmi1 (or 2) from the options there, and it will pick up the signal from the box.

Let me know if that works for you please.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.