TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture does not fill screen. bar top and bottom. Let me…

Customer Question
Picture does not fill...

Picture does not fill screen. Gray bar top and bottom.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Let me check.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. Yes. Model GV42L, Serial AHLEDGAH110839

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A few months. Do not recall circumstances.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

When I attempt to resize, there are no circles in the corners, they are ovals.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.