TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Error Message, 5505. Samsung UE50KU6000. I have been able to…

Customer Question
Error Message, 5505 Technician's...

Error Message, 5505

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Samsung UE50KU6000

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have been able to access the network settings and tried to put the new dns in but no joy

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I am trying to stream Amazon Prime, I have been trying with help of my provider the last few days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

There is also a problem which has arison that the tv switches back to HDMI 3

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When exactly do you get this error message?

Please let me know

After i click on a film to watch on amazon prime

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

There is no power button that i can see. I have been able to watch netflix and youtube but of course they a Spanish based

Ok, if you have no power button you can skip that step

Are you receiving my phone texts, only i though you were going to call me. regards James
Ok, I have found the power button and have followed your instructions,
i have clicked on amazon prime and no longer getting error 5505, but it is saying the content is not available in my location, which is why i obtained a new dns code.
i have spent hours putting different codes in with the help of my dns supplier.
the ip address in settings only has a subnet, nothing else.

ok, I was not aware your question was about bypassing location settings to get content on prime not for your location.

I am going to opt out of working with you any further on this.

Thank you

Having waited half a day for a call from you and a call that never came I am not prepared to waste any more of my valuable time, so as you have done absolutely nothing i would like a full refund and forget any further investigation. Regards James