TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My dog ate my last remote. I ordered a new one off of ebay…

Customer Question
My dog ate my...

My dog ate my last remote. I ordered a new one off of ebay and kept blaster in place without switching out...didn't think I'd need to. Everything seems to be set up correctly, however the soundblaster isn't responding.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a Samsung, LN45A540P2FXZA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV PURCHASED IN 2009ISH

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just got the new remote and am trying to install for first time. It was just a replacement for the one the dog chewed up...could've killed her...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

The tv turns on with cabinet doors open, not closed. Guessing that has something to do with the blaster.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What is the model number of the remote control?

What is the model number of the blaster?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.