TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My new LG tv is flickering. This is the first time. Ive

Customer Question
My new LG tv is...
My new LG tv is flickering
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: this is the first time
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: ive unplugged for a few mins not hours
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since this morning
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all i have
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 23 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Could you please tell me the actual model number, found on a sticker on the back of the tv?
You mentioned it was new, when and where was it purchased?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it was purchased at an electronics store in St. Maarten... It is an LG 65UH6030
When was it purchased
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Late September

Thank you, ***** ***** it just the picture that flickers, or does the sound cut out as well?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
There is sound. However it sounds a little bit tunneled
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 22 days ago
Thank you for confirming. The flickering is a power supply or backlight failure. You can try unplugging power for an hour then press and hold the power button which is on the bottom edge of the tv just below the center of the sceeen, for 30 seconds. Keep holding that while plugging back in and for another 30 seconds after. If no change it will require repairs. It is new enough that it would be worth contacting the seller to see if they can exchange it for you and if not they should be able to help you in filing a warranty claim with lg for repairs.Best regards ***** ***** for the news, Nathan
Louie, Technician