TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just bought a samsung 6 series tv and it will not recognize…

Customer Question
Just bought a samsung...

Just bought a samsung 6 series tv and it will not recognize my cox cable box (cisco). It will recognize my HDMI out on my pc

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

Again i just bought it 1 hr ago it is a Samsung 50" Class 4K (2160P) Smart LED TV (UN50MU6300FXZA)

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works the problem is the tv is not recognizing the Cox Cable box HDMI output

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is a first connection I just bought the tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It detected my PC hdmi out fine just not the cox/cisco cable box

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

If you connect the cable box to another TV, does it work on that TV?

Please let me know

Thank you