TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It's a new Sony. I can't either a Bluetooth connection for…

Customer Question
It's a new Sony...

It's a new Sony. I can't either a Bluetooth connection for wireless headphones established, despite following the lengthy instruction in the manuals I printer off for both the Sony headphones and the Sony TV. I also cannot get a connection established for a wireless Sennheiser headphone that connects through an optical port., I'm usually pretty good with this stuff but all of this me frustrated.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

It's a Sony XBR-X43800E. I've tried everything in the instruction manual but, obviously, I'm doing something wrong.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu works. Everything works except for the headphone connections--we simply can't get sound through the headphones.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It hasn't worked right since I installed the TV about 10 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not--I think what I really need is an old-fashioned visit from a technician who can make the connections properly. I have all appropriate manuals, cables, etc.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Don't have any supporting documents other than the instructions I printed off from Sony support. The two of them--one for the tv, one for headphones--total 250 pages. The headphones top-of-the-line Sony (WF-100X?) and are supposed to compatible with TV model. The Sennheiser headphones worked perfectly with an LG flatscreen with an optical port.
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please exactly what happens when you try to connect the bluetooth headphones to the TV?

What error do you receive?

Please let me know

Thank you

When I go the Bluetooth section in the Sounds menu, I seem to be able to pair the headphones--at least they show up on the screen menu as being connected. When I click on "Bluetooth connected" nothing happens--meaning the headphones don't work--no matter what I do with the volume control on the phones, etc. I get no error message.The optical connections for the Sennheiser headphones I've solved by simply digging deeply enough into the menu to get to the optical audio connection and then trying all three options. The last one--something called "PCM" I believe--worked so at least I now have one pair of headphones that work. This is really all I need since I use the headphones after my wife has gone to sleep and I no longer want to listen to the TV through the regular sound bar (which does work fine). I guess I can always use the Bluetooth headphones with another Bluetooth device (iPhone, iPod, or even either one of our vehicles which have Bluetooth connections). But is frustrating not to be make them work with the TV since they were quite expensive.
Thanks for the offer of the phone call. I am hard-of-hearing, wear hearing aids, and quite often visiting on the phone is very difficult for me.

Thankss

Yes, the TV needs to be told where to output the sound.

For the headphones, they need to be put into pairing mode first.

Follow the guide here to do this, it is for Android which is what you Tv runs

http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wf1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001553059.html

Let me know how you go please

The instructions are for ear piece phones with charging case. My head phones are banded and charge through a USB port on a computer or a USB transformer plugged into a wall outlet. I am going to back up and start all over again.

ok, this is for the model I saw from you, can you double check which model you have please?

The headphone model is: WH-1000XM2.

thanks

For this model, press and hold the button for about 7 seconds and it will be in pairing mode, then try to have the TV connect to them please

I will try again after I have run some errands. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.