TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The screen got damaged and the tv will not come on.

The screen got damaged...

The screen got damaged and the tv will not come on

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Un55mu6500f

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I moved the tv and when I did I squeezed the upper corner of the screen and no it looks like there is a crack in side of the screen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Today I moved the tv

11/20/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately whenever these screens are impacted, or any external pressure is put on them it generally causes the screen to fail (the LCD panel has liquid in between two layers that produces the image). Anytime you see any defect in the screen after it's been hit- it does unfortunately indicate that the LCD panel is faulty and there aren't any fixes for this beyond replacing the entire screen of the TV (which costs 80% of what the TV cost when new, and requires dismantling and reassembly of the set to fix the issue). I'm sorry to have to tell you but the TV is not really repairable after there this occurs, aside from purchasing a used one of the exact same model on eBay and then disassembling it for it's screen.

The only other thing you can do to try and recoup some of the loss is to contact a site that purchases these sets with faulty/damaged screens and then sells the internal boards to TV repair shops. The site below is a used/pulled parts supplier and may be able to help on that end:

http://www.shopjimmy.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were an economical fix. Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
How do I Cancel this membership if I can’t fix the TV then I do not need membership because I don’t have a TV

You would handle any customer service issues using the site help pages, I am an independent tech (not an employee of the site).