TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 50LN5700 will turn on briefly, then the screen goes

Customer Question
My 50LN5700 will turn...

My 50LN5700 will turn on briefly, then the screen goes black.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

No it hasn't had any issues.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, I can't see anything, the screen goes black, although the sound bar works and I can hear what's on.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just started today. Nothing the TV came on and the screen was black but the audio worked. I thought it was jut a delay, and the picture would pop up, but it never did.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, that's all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you let me know the approx age of the set please?

I do not have very good news for you about this issue,problem is bad back-lights the back-light strips go bad on these models please observe this video for what is involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGk6Nx82SCA <<<click

It can be fixed but thing is its a very labor intensive work to replace these,

Let me know if you have more questions on this

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please, sorry for the outcome hopefully the information has made an informed decision for you, for me to receive anything from the site (I am an independent technician) I do need you to rate me 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you

Anthony