TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Can't get subtitles on Vizio with vizio remote. Where do I…

Customer Question
Can't get subtitles on...

Can't get subtitles on Vizio with vizio remote

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Where do I see the model # ?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV Menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Always happened

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I need the model number off the back of the Vizio.

I also need to know what SOURCE you're trying to get subtitles on (for example: DirecTv, or Netflix, etc.).

M-470SV

The Subtitles depends on what source you're viewing (the original Vizio remote only works when using an antenna). So I need to know what SOURCE you're trying to get subtitles on (for example: DirecTv, or Netflix, etc.).

Netflix

Okay hang on.

This is directly from Netflix:

To adjust subtitles on most Blu-ray players, Smart TVs, and set-top boxes:

1. Launch the Netflix app.
  2. Select a TV show or movie.
  3. Select Audio & Subtitles from the options panel.
  4. Select your preferred audio or subtitle options.
  5. Press Back to return to the options panel.
  6. Select Play.

The Subtitles depend on the APP used, so Netflix is responsible for allowing/disallowing the use of Subtitles on the content you're trying to view. You can read more on Netflix Subtitles at the link below:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/372

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

I need 10 minutes

Sure....

Where is the OPTIONS Panel?Select Audio & Subtitles from the options panel.
Select your preferred audio or subtitle options.
Press Back to return to the options panel.
Select Play.

Did you click on the Netflix link with details on it that I posted?

Let me see what I can find.

on the remote I see input...wide.. cc .. sleep timer ... picture ... pip ... network ... settings help

When you launch Netflix, there are options at the top of the screen. Launch Netflix and let me know what is on the NETFLIX home screen at the top of the screen.

Hello?

i'm relaunching Netflix

Okay.

its frozen

Unplug your TV, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in then turn it on and try again.

ok
i relaunched
There is no "Options" at top of screen
There is:
Suggestions For You
Genres
Instant Queue
Search

Okay, sorry I've got nothing else.

OK. I will have to buy a new Flatscreen
I guess
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcoime, different expert here.

Sorry it is not clear but is Netflix now opening for you?

Please let me know

Thank you