TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I turn it on after going through the cable start up…

Customer Question
When I turn it...

When I turn it on after going through the cable start up there are green horizontal lines and the tv goes off and comes back on then there is static for a few seconds and the tv goes off again then it usually comes on again and is ok. Sometimes is goes another cycle then is ok. After all that the picture and sound are great.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

It is a 37 inch Samsung and is probably about 6 or 7 years old. this has just started in the last 2 weeks. my cable company replaced the box and said the signal is good that I may just have to get a new tv.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Sometime it does not work. Do you mean my other tv"s? if that is a yes, no the tv in my bedroom works fine but is on its own box.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Everything was fine.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please re-boot both the cable\satellite box and the TV by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again let me know if there is any change