TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV will not turn on, e60u-d3, tv will not come on at all, We…

Customer Question
TV will not turn...

TV will not turn on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

E60u-d3

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv will not come on at all

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We just got home and tried to turn it on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Worked at 8am EST

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you know when the tv was purchased?

purchased last july, but has a 3 year extended warranty

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; even as a 2016 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; since you have an extended warranty you would need to call the warranty provider (usually a company like assurion, warrantech, squaretrade, etc) and they would direct you to a repair shop where you can take it to be fixed.

My apologies for the news,