TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

70 Sharp chevron blinking 1, 1 quick

Customer Question
70 Sharp chevron blinking 1...
70 Sharp chevron blinking 1 long, 1 quick
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.

What is the full model number off of the back of the Sharp, and how long have you owned it for?

4 years. LC- 70LE735U - SHARP

Thanks for the reply. Offhand the 1 short/1 long blink code points to an LED failure in the screen (and generally requires the screen be rebuilt with new LED's to fix the issue).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Thanks for no helping at all. Way past restarting the television. We will handle it from here.

Wow, okay. Good luck.

Aric, Technician