TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv works fine with power switch but remotely controlling…

Tv works fine with...

Tv works fine with power switch but remotely controlling power rarely works but every once in a while it will work....nothing blocking IR device

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Will have to go look...give me a few min

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

VO420E-M

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

LAQKECCL0501905 serial

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Several months of this problem ...no known events triggered this

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Does the power button on TV work to switch it Off or On instantly?

OK, so TV power works fine manually.

That means the power button on remote has worn out and a new replacement remote is needed to get the issue fixed, required remote is available with this supplier, click the link to view the price and to order it.

no because I have a harmony remote that still controls all my other equipment fine and sometimes the tv as well...so the same problem shows up on two different remotes

ah OK, this is new info for me.

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

the same button powers on all my equipment using a macro ...so the button not the problem...will try unplugging tv

OK, please reply back with the result.

no help still does the same thing
didn't try for 10 min yet

Please try it for 10 minutes, however TV looks fine as the power button on TV works just OK that means issue is with your remote that might have got problem with macro programming, please reprogram the remote for TV and try it.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
since unplugging for 10 min it works fine....thanks!

Excellent, glad to know it worked, have nice time~