TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an LG model -LDS201. It is a 55 inch lg smart tv. The…

Customer Question
I have an LG...

I have an LG model BM-LDS201. It is a 55 inch lg smart tv. The TV is approximately 6 years old and it started out just fine but then horizontal lines appeared and the picture would come back and forth and now there is no picture with flashes of horizontal banding lines black and white and then coloured lines that flicker every so often

Technician's Assistant: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?

No this just happened yesterday and yes I tried to unplug the tv and plugged in back in and then tried to reset the tv back to original settings but no luck

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu no longer works and yes I tried to flip to other inputs and had the same problem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just since yesterday...I was watching TV with clear picture and all of a sudden the lines appeared and a few hours later the white and black bands got thicker with intermittent coloured lines but I was still able to navigate to the menu and input list and reset the tv to trouble shoot and now it is mostly black screen with flickering white, black and coloured lines coming through every so often

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I opened up the back of the tv and cleaned some of the connectors and also looked as some of the capacitors that might look domed?? but I am not sure

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Just to correct the model number it is and LG-55LW5600-UA
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Could you take photos please first of the issue you are having and of the power-board and general inside of the set, you upload using the "add files" button

Anthony

I actually can't because I was silly and put it all back together to test it

I am not sure what you mean by that?you still have the fault yes?if so take a photo of the fault and take a photo of the power-board?

What i am saying is that i will have to take the tv apart to take pictures of the fault...i had put it all back together after i tried to cleaned the connectors to see if it would have fixed the problem...it will take me some time to take it apart and take the pictures but i am not ready to do that again....
I have asked for a refund cause I don't think you can help me..