TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv is suddenly in japanese. All apps and settings. I

Customer Question
My tv is suddenly...

My tv is suddenly in japanese. All apps and settings. I don't know how to get it back to English

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Model number 55LF6100-UA

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. The menu work but it is all in a foreign language

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I just noticed it today when I tried to go to my apps

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/20/2017
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

It sounds like the language on your TV got changed from English to Japanese if yes please follow the below instruction to change the setting:

Press the home button on your remote. select the cog icon or settings icon or gear like icon (top-right corner)>General option in Japanese looks like this(一般)>language option in Japanese looks like this ( 言語 ) then you can select the language you want. please let me know if this helps.

I do not see any icons that match the ones you've shown
TV Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 8 months ago

I am sorry. Unfortunately I am out of ideas. I may have to open this question to other experts by opting out from this issue, so that any other expert would give you a quick solution for this problem with no extra charge. Thank you.

Thank you
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.