TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I need a new remote for Westinghouse LTV-27w2 Help! Old but…

I need a new...

I need a new remote for Westinghouse LTV-27w2 Help!

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Old but it fits in an armoire and still works just great. Remote won't work -- changed batteries. It's model LTV-27w2. I found a link on Amazon - looks just like this ttps://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-LTV-27W2-Widescreen-Progressive-Scan-LCD/dp/B0007XKDGG (currenlty unavailable)

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV works -- not sure how to change the input... on the side I have an buttons that say Menu Volume (+) (-) Channel (+) (-) Input and Power. All work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Picked up remote to change Yp... so I could watch dvd...like we did last night . Tonight remote didn't work. Got new aaa batteries. didin't work. So i assume i need a new remote as tv works fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No just where do i get a new remote that will be compatible with LTV-27w2

11/19/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

The part number for that remote is(###) ###-####

you may order one here that is compatible: http://amzn.to/2hDz48F

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Thanks Will it work out of the box -- no programing? AND I want to watch DVR -- i hit input button on side of tv and messed around with it (and up down vol or chann??) and got to YPbPr2 - how do i get back to ypbpr1 without remote using side buttons on tv?
can you just tell me here?

Hello, sorry I missed you last night, I was offline for the night by the time you had replied back.

Yes, it will work out of the box, it is a direct replacement that does not require programming.

You can try pressing the input button repeatedly to cycle through input options

Nathan, Installer
Thank you for you help. I will rate now. I order the remote. I like this TV sound quality is good. As our space in this local is limited we can only go 26.5 inches wide. Any recommend on a good TV use cable, dvd and would like to add apple tv but want Good Sound or need a sound bar or something. Do like idea using amazon prime movies -- Any recommend? Samsung?
Best Regards & Happy Holidays

You're very welcome!

You don't usually find the smaller sets in the "smart" tv variety,

so you can get just a regular tv like this: http://amzn.to/2zVzWxF, the 28 inch one will fit in your space, then to that to get your apps you can get an appletv or a roku or fire tv.

Keep in mind appletv will not work with amazon, so stick with the other options if that is something you want.

Nathan, Installer