TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The internal speaker is making making a loud noise almost…

Customer Question
The internal speaker is...

The internal speaker is making making a loud noise almost drowning out the sound on the show

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Where di find the model #

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works, ive only tried it on hdmi 3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It worked fine last night, just turned on today and was making the noise

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats the only problem, the picture looks good

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the TV please? And how old is it?

LED65
About 4 years old

That's not complete. Please postback with this:

1) The BRAND of the TV.

2) The FULL model number.

Samsung I cant get to the back, it’s wall mounted

Can you describe the loud noise- is it a hum, a buzz, something else?

Also, does the noise go away when you mute the TV's volume?

Additionally, what is connected to the TV (for example: cable box, DVD, etc.)?

It is a buzz that fluctuates with a shorter beep, it does go away with mute or turning the volume all the way down. Ther is a cable RECIEVER AND DVD connected

Please try switching over to the DVD and let me know if the noise is still there.

Sorry it must be disconnected we don’t use it often
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please