TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Vizio 4K 65 in. Turns on for Sec then goes off. Model

P65-c1 JA: What's the make and...
Vizio 4K 65 in. Turns on for Sec then goes off. Model P65-c1
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: No problems in past
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: replaced board where power gets plugged in
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: menu doesn’t get chance to pop up
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s abt it
11/19/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Are you referring to the power supply board? Also what were the symptoms before you replaced the power board?

Are you there and do you need assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Replaced power board

What were the symptoms before you replaced the power board? Were they exactly the same?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It would turn on for a split second then turn off
Turn back o

I'm asking if they're exactly the same now- as they were before you replace it.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Same problem before as is now
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
That’s why power supply board was changed

Okay. There are two boards that work to allow the set to power up- one is the power board (and you've replaced that), the other is the mainboard. The mainboard provides the turn on command and contains the processor for the set. This means the mainboard would be the root cause of the issue, and you would want to replace that part.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok. There is 2 other boards on this tv. Which is the one that needs to be replaced!
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Sorry ?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Not exclamation
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Is it the one in the middle or the one on the other side.

It's the one with the AV and HDMI jacks located on it. I'm trying to pull up a link now.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok. There is one with av jacks. Ok
That will be part that is ordered
Thanks

Okay, that sounds good! You're very welcome! Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician

Thank you.

Aric, Technician