TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sound is not working. When i test it works. Tv works no it…

Customer Question
Sound is not working ...

Sound is not working

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

When i test it works

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv works no it works for dvd

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Last night and my husband was playing around with the remote and now we can’t hear sound

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/19/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the cable box processing.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, give the box a few minutes to reboot, and then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Working on it

Okay thanks. Let me know!

Direct tv is rebooting

Okay.

I know it works because when we do the sound check the sound is on. I think he hit something on settings and now we can’t hear it

No, it's not something on the Samsung that was hit- you just confirmed it was not because the DVD works with sound. The cable box would be the issue if there's no sound with that. So that's why I asked you to reboot it. So is the DirecTv box back up/on right now?

Not yet

Okay, let it finish and let me know.

Now when i press the volume a little picture of a plug comes up

On which remote- the DirecTv remote? Or the Samsung remote?

Samsung and directv
Just forget it. We are calling Directv Monday