TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When I press the smart hub button or the menu button the tv

turns off and starts attempting...
when I press the smart hub button or the menu button the tv turns off and starts attempting to turn on again. It clicks numerous times before it turns on. I've unplugged it, I've turned off Anynet, , ,
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: it's a series 6, 6300 75 inch smart tv. I don't have problems turning it on, I'm watching it right now. The problem only occurs when I press the smart hub button or the menu button; it turns off.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: When I press the menu button the tv turns off and starts trying to turn on again clicking numerous times. when I press the tools button it turns off.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: one month. it has really been occurring more often within the last two weeks
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: if I do make it to the smart hub and attempt to use one of the apps like U Tube the tv will turn off. If I am watching u Tube the tv eventually turns off.
Answered in 1 day by:
11/20/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I just got home from work and saw your email. I just tried what you suggested. I will have to wait for a little while to see if it turns itself off. I found a button on the bottom right of the tv in the back, is that the power the tv
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The tv just turned off and it's attempting to restart itself

Thanks

It is the internal powrerboard that has faulted, it is shorting out and restarting the TV

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The tv is out of warranty. Who can I contact at Samsung regarding the internal powder board? Are you 100% sure that is the problem? I'm going to make some repair calls and I want to be sure.

What is your Zip code and I can provide 2 companies that can make an offer.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
11221

ok, you can contact

NY Tech TV Repair Inc.

*****(###) ###-####/p>

And

At Home Service Company

*****###) ###-####/p>

In order to compate prices from them on a repair. I advise to avoid it f it is too expensive (over $350) considering the current cost of TV's being low at the moment and that you may have upcoming issues with this TV in the future.

Richard, Technician
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you, I'll give them a call.
Richard, Technician