TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The screen just flashes in and out. LG 50LB6100 - 4 years?

the screen just flashes in...
the screen just flashes in and out
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LG 50LB6100 - 4 years?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: flashes on menu and 2 sources, CATV box and DVD player
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: there was a little blinking near the top left side for a week that I noticed
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: idk
11/18/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

What have you tried so far? any sort of reset?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I changed the 3 components inside the tv,

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

More details on which 3 components?

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
power supply, main board and a small board that is set between the speakers on the bottom and the wireless board
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
4 boards total, anything else is below the panel that covers the leds
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/540x360/f6780bb04c7dec59db3bae8af89107cc/s/h/shopjimmy-kit-50lb6100-ug-k1-top.jpg
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
those are the parts I replaced
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
LG EAY63072001 (LGP474950-14PL2) Power Supply / LED Board
LG EBT62974406 Main Board for 50LB6100-UG.BUSDLJR
LG 55.50T23.C01 T-Con Board for 50LB6100-UG
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
did you just call me?

No, another tech is supposed to call you.

If you have replaced all of those parts. The only thing left is the back lights inside the screen itself. Tv repair shops do not usually perform this repair because there's too much labor time, a very high chance of damaging the screen, and back light parts are hard to find.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician