TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp aquas cant revert to normal screen can get zoom and.

Customer Question
Sharp aquas cant...

Sharp aquas cant revert to normal screen can get zoom and

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Lc46e77un iguess about 7 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes it works but theres not a selection for normal only zoom and others

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

We hAVE a dish network control and one for thr sharp it started when i tried to access words using the sharp to select

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/18/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

This problem with the picture size could be coming from either the tv OR the dish box

Grab the dish remote and look for a button that says ZOOM, ASPECT, WIDE, RATIO, SIZE, FORMAT, * OR # etc

You may need to press this several times to cycle through the different options,

and you may have to make a similar adjustment on the tv as well, until you get them both to a desired setting

typically you'd want the cable box set on 16:9 or Wide

and you'd want the tv set on Normal or 16:9

It can take a bit of fiddling to get them both matched up, but you should have a button for this function on both the tv remote and on the box remote, and will have to use both

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.