TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My smart tv won't turn on fir the last few days. The red

My smart tv won't turn...
My smart tv won't turn on fir the last few days. The red light just flashes but nothing happens.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?
Customer: Samsung it's from 2011
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The light just flashes red with either the Samsung remote or DIRECTV remote
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It went out a few days ago. I came home tried turning the tv on and I had a hard time changing channels and adjust volume and then it just went blank. I tried re plugging it in. I changed power strip
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/18/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

How long did you leave the tv power cord unplugged for?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Just a few minutes

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but we can continue our chat.....

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok

Are you able to get the model number off the back of the tv? If not:

-what size is the screen?

-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It's an LED I'm trying to get the serial number
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Z4dy3caba02852h

NOT serial number, Model number

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Un46d6003sfxza
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
R u still there?

Looks like another expert just agreed to call you.

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced that will probably end up costing more than a new 46" tv.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician