TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Pioneer elite plasma tv model pro1140hd. No picture.

Pioneer elite plasma tv...

Pioneer elite plasma tv model pro1140hd. No picture. Blinking blue light next to power button.Unplugged power for two minutes.

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2007 model 12562 82633

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No picture at all. I press tv button on remote after powering up, then solid blue light for 2 sec, then blinking blue light for 8 blinks, pause then 8 blinks

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Watching tv. Unplugged power from wall. Moved console. Reconnected and checked connections, rebooted cable box.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No thankyou

11/18/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

The problem you have is with a regulator on the AV input board it goes bad causing this 8 blue blink code, the options are to replace this regulator you will need good soldering tools OR replace the AV board (assuming there is one available)I am sorry this is not something easier, its quite a complex issue, its a well known issue with these flagship plasmas, a tech could fix it for youcost will be around $200 assuming you could get the set into a workshop, www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.

Sorry for frustrating news here

Anthony

Let me know your thoughts

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Thankyou

Your Welcome

Sorry I don't have better news

Regards

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician