TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Same issue that the customer has on his t.v.. Replaced board…

Customer Question
Same issue that the...

Same issue that the customer has on his t.v.. Replaced board has the same issue.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung, Model # UN55D6000FXZA , Version H302 , August 2011.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Replaced all Boards, T.V. will not turn on it has no sound has blinking single ping light.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Happened a couple of month ago working on issue now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 6 days by:
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

I'm not able to see what prior customers question you were looking at, so we'll need to start from the beginning.
So to confirm, you replaced all (power, tcon, main) boards? Where did you get the replacement boards at?

Amazon.
Ebay. New boars not used. Made in China .

Thanks for confirming,

I would be a bit skeptical of both sources though, just because something is advertised as new does not mean it really is and most amazon/ebay boards are used or refurbished.
With that in mind, there is always the possibility you got a bad board, so you could try to exchange/return/replace them and check once more just to be safe.
Beyond that if the problem continues then we are looking at a defective lcd panel, which is not repairable. While it is technically possible to replace the panel, it is virtually never feasible to do so. For a 2011 model this set is already well past its service life and it is highly unlikely you'd ever be able to find a panel in the first place, and even if you could it just isn't worth the cost, which will be about as much as you'd pay for a brand new and updated model with a fresh warranty, which you can get, even for a new 4k model, in the $500 range these days.

My apologies for the news,